|SAE 45° Flare Fitting
Industry Standard - SAE J512 45° Flare
LP and natural gas, flammable liquids, instrumentation, refrigeration, power steering, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Used on low, medium and high pressure lines under the most adverse conditions, compatible with copper, brass, aluminum and steel hydraulic tubing that can be flared.
- Construction - Two piece body and nut, straight barstock & forged fittings.
- Good Vibration resistance - use long nut when greater vibration resistance is required.
- Conformance - Heavy duty flare fittings are manufactured to SAE specifications, Meets specifications and standards of ASA, ASME, SAE, and MS (Military standards).
- Reusability - Can be assembled and re-assembled repeatedly & Resists mechanical pull-out.
- Temperature Range: -65°F to +250°F (-53°C to +121°C) range at maximum operating pressures.
- Working Pressure: up to 2000 psi depending on tube size. Will withstand burst pressure of standard tubing - up to 5000 psi with bundy-weld (double flared) and 3500 psi with copper tubing, depending on size. Obviously, Temperature and type of tubing used are important factors.
- Cut tubing to desired lenght. Make sure all burrs are removed and ends are cut square.
- Slide nut on tube. Threaded and “A” of nut must face out.
- Flare end of tube with a 45° flaring tool. a-Measure flare diameter b-Examine flare for excessive thin out.
- Lubricat threads and assemble to fitting body. Nut should be turned hand out.
- Tighten assembly with wrench until a solid feeling is encountered. From that point, apply a one-sixth turn.
SAE 45° Flare Fittings & Adapters