DOT Air Brake Fittings For Nylon Tubing
Conformance - Meets specifications and standards of SAE J246, SAE J1131 and DOT FMVSS 571.106.
Air brake systems or in cab air controls, Use with SAE J844 Type A and B nylon tubing, except where temperatures exceed +200°F(+93°C) or where battery acid can drip on tubing.
- Construction - Three piece unit: body, nut and sleeve. Extruded(CA360) and Forged(CA377) Configuration.
- Vibration resistance - Fair resistance.
- Advantages - Easy to assemble (no tube preparation or flaring required.) Built in tube support and ribbed sleeve for compression and positive grip. May be used with copper tubing by using long nut and spherical sleeve(DOT Air Brake Fittings For Copper Tubing). Insert should be removed for copper tubing use.
- Temperature Range: Fittings will withstand variations from -40°F to +200°F (-40°C to +93°C)
- Working Pressure: Maximum operating pressure of 150 psi.
- Cut tubing to desired lengths quarely, maximum of 15° angle allowable. Check that port or mating part is clean and free of debris.
- Slide nut and then sleeve on tubing. Threaded end of nut "A" must face toward connector body.
- Insert tubing into the preassembled fitting. Make sure tubing is bottomed in connector.
- Tighten nut with wrench until one thread remains visible on the fitting body, this will allow for a number of remakes; or, the nut should be screwed down finger tight, then the wrench-tightened as indicated in the following table.
|Tube Size (O.D)
|Additional Turns From Hand Tight
DOT Air Brake (Nylon Tubing)